OPEN THE BORDERS!
Rally & March
SAT ► SEPT 26 @ 5pm
Arch at Washington Square Park
5th Ave & Waverly Place
Migrants, Refugees and Workers Unite!
Tell the UN – Open Up the Borders! Provide Safety!
Stop the Violence! End the Wars!
- Campaign for Peoples Goals
- International Migrants Alliance
- International Action Center
- International Tribunal of Conscience
- The Migrant Center at St. Francis of Assisi
- Fuerza Mundial Global
Endorsed by: (list in formation)
- Action 21-NJ
- AlAwda Palestine Right of Return Coalition NYC
- Bolivarian Circle NYC
- Guyanese American Workers United
- Haiti Liberte’
- Honduras USA Resistencia
- International League of Peoples Struggles
- International Support Haiti Network
- Jersey City Peace Movement
- May 1 Workers and Immigrant Rights Coalition
- Pakistan USA Freedom Forum
- Peoples Power Assemblies-NYC
- SI Solidarity with Iran
- South Asian Fund for Education, Scholarship & Training
- Syrian American Forum
- Trade Justice Network-Metro
- United National Antiwar Coalition
- US Peace Council
Whether through “small wars” of destabilization or labor export programs, tens of millions are displaced from their home countries due to monopoly capitalism’s drive the control markets, resources, territories, and extract super-profits. With the drive for hegemony at the root, neoliberal economic policies and mercenary armies are unleashed on countries where imperialism has strategic interests, in order to undermine and overturn economic and political sovereignty.
As September 26 marks the one year anniversary of the Ayoztinapa 43 students who challenged neoliberal economic policies being imposed in Mexico, the images of 2-year-old Syrian refugee Aylan Kurdi washed up on a Turkish beach and an overloaded boat sinking off the coast of Libya captures the ongoing reality of refugees fleeing wars of destabilization in the Middle East and Africa due to U.S.- backed mercenary armies seeking to overthrow regimes.
As the United Nations General Assembly meets that Saturday in New York to discuss the post-2015 development agenda and their so-called “Sustainable Development Goals”, massive displacement of peoples, violence, racism, and death continues! People’s resistance and movement continues globally to undo these oppressive systems!